Thursday, October 27, 2011

Missing Fall

Hello everybody! Once again I'm at a computer that doesn't have the capability of installing drivers (because I'm not an administrator) and so once again, you'll have to wait another week until you can get some more voice memos.

I really appreciated the mail that I got this week from Erin and Justin and Dad and Mom (I sent in the absentee ballot by the way, I should be sent every ballot for every election I am able to vote for! Yay for fulfilling my civic duty!) It was VERY comforting to have words of wisdom given to me by those closest to me.

All those service opportunities sound amazing! It is really great just to go out of your way to help someone in need. I'm grateful that you all have put such emphasis on building Christlike attributes in you own lives and working on having your "...eye single to the Glory of God...". That's something that I'm working VERY hard on:)

I'm really jealous of the changing colors, AND temperatures and pretty much everything about New York. Perpetual Summer is not as glorious as it sounds and the fact that it hardly ever rains on this part of the island leaves more to be desired of this mediocre weather pattern. And on the truly hot days when all you want to do is jump in the ocean and then you can't... it's torture. OK, OK it's not that bad, but I do miss Fall a lot!

Anyways, lastly I completely agree with what you say about the family! There are a lot of Elders here who don't get along with their families. But I really do appreciate having a family who loves me and supports me a lot in all my endeavors. I had the thought earlier today, "I hope people back home can tell that I'm changing." because I am:) It reminds me of a song that I like "I wish you could see me now. I wish I could show you how, I'm not who I was."

Anyways, I love you all sooooooooooo much and it grows everyday!!! My love for you all is like e^x, it grows exponentially and has no end:)

Take it easy!

Love, Elder Brooksby

P.S. all those LOVELY confections that Mom sent me will be baked and eaten a week from today. Thanks!!!

P.P.S. I'm being good, working hard, and having a little fun:) It's getting there haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment