Sunday, March 4, 2012

What a Discussion!

Hey Hey Hey everybody!!! Hopefully you all got my photos OK, haha. I was really glad to be on a good computer this week. (So here are some of the ones he sent).

This one is from when he hiked Koko Head a couple of weeks ago.

This one was a little bird that Jared tried unsuccessfully to nurse back to health.

And I put this one on because I thought it was really funny!

Well it seemed like everybody has a pretty good week this week, I'm so jealous that you all got to visit E, J, & B. But I guess that I'll get my fill when I get back, not that that's anytime soon haha.

Well I feel bad because I haven't been able to give you any good stories lately but don't worry I have a good one this week:)

So we have an investigator who's getting baptized on March 3rd (woot!) and we met her at a park to teach her. We get seated and begin our lesson which is about Temples. Just as we begin discussing things two groups of people sit down on either side of us and all of a sudden the first group (a young couple to our left) starts making out ferociously. Like we're 10 feet away and we can hear. We look over and she's sitting on his lap now and they are REALLY going at it. I laugh a little at how awkward this is and she turns to me and says "Didn't know you were going to get first row seats to the show did you?" I start laughing pretty hard and then I look over at my companion and he's flat out staring at them! She turns to my comp and says "Hey you just taught me the Law of Chastity and I know you're not supposed to be watching that." Then we all start laughing and try to refocus on the lesson. Then Group 2 (4 kids in their early teens) all simultaneously light up their joints and start smoking their homegrown pacalolo. We can tell what it is because, well it's got a very distinct smell... I smell it on a daily basis here honestly, and we were down wind so all their smoke is blowing our way. We can't focus on the lesson because of this and then she laughs and says "Man now we're in real trouble, Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom at the same time! Now I've REALLY got to speak to Bishop." Then she jokes "Bishop, I've come today because I broke the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom at the same time. But don't worry the Missionaries were there the whole time so it's OK right?" Then we all BUST UP laughing and that pretty much wrapped up the lesson for that day. We re-scheduled for another day, she bought us dinner at the farmer's market and then we were on our way. Sooo yeah that's definitely the funniest (not the most spiritual however) lesson I've been in so far hahaha:)

Anyways my time is just about up but transfers are on my birthday actually so that'll be fun! You'll know next Monday what's happening here:) Oh and we're going to a zoo today so hopefully next week there will be some good pictures:)

I love and miss you all sooooooo much but I'm doing well here!

Love, Elder Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment