Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Temple Trip



Elders Brooksby and Mitton

Hey everybody!  First off sorry for not telling you that we were going to email today.  We had our temple trip today so that was nice.  And so guess where I am?  The BYU Hawaii Library!  It's cool I got to see a lot of the places that we went back when we were on vacation here haha.
Anywho... this has been a hard week just because of all the stressing things that have been going on. So we have an investigator who has been investigating for some time now, but we just found out on Sunday that in order to be baptized on the 29th of December, her broke off his engagement and then retreated to Maui for a couple days to relieve stress... So we're hoping he'll be back and able to make his baptismal date.  We also have a couple of other investigators who will be getting baptized - probably in January. But transfers are coming up in a week here so it's kind scary to think that I might get transferred out again before those baptisms actually happen.

I've also been really sick.  Like, "I think I have the black lung papa!"  Haha but seriously, it's been miserable to ride bikes all day feeling like the stuff you scrape from the bottom of a food disposal. 

Elder Bateman and I get along well.  Right now we're working on bolstering our faith in the things that our President asks us to do.  I know that we need to have faith and then we'll see results, not the other way around.
Well it sounds like another week has come and gone in the Brooksby Ohana.  Will everyone be home for Christmas but me?  Oh well haha there's always the future ones...
Well Hope eveything else is going well!
I LOVE YOU ALLLLLWarmest Aloha (You'll need it where it's so cold;)
Elder Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment