Monday, February 18, 2013


We got an email from Jared today - a little later than we expected. We were wondering if he couldn't find a place to email from because it was President's Day. But just when I'd resigned myself to the thought that I'd have to wait until tomorrow, or even the next week, an email came in.

 Jared sent a couple of pictures.

This is a picture of Kaena Point. Jared and his companion hiked it earlier in the day.  He said the weather was "AWESOME - Couldn't ask for a much better day:)"

Jared said he got an endangered Hawaiian monk seal 
to wake up and growl at him, and that is was awesome.

Jared said that things went really fast this week.  They had a trip to Honolulu where they had a lot of administrative things to do, and they also had a few good lessons and a good amount of tracting.

Jared said that his area Makakilo is geographically large with nine wards and three buildings, but one is under construction.  So there are 16 missionaries over here with an area that stretches from the edge of Ewa beach to Kaena point, and all the way up the hill.  He said he actually lives right across the main street from the Stake Center on Panana street.  So now you can look on Google maps and see where Jared is.

He said that they have a really good zone right now and that he's excited to be there.  He also said that he will be going to the temple on his birthday with a convert from earlier in his mission.  He thought that was a great gift.

He also told a funny story.  He said that two nights ago they got a call from the sisters who cover Makakilo and Palehuna wards.  He said they were hysterical on the phone and asked he and his companion to come over right away and that it was an emergency!  He said upon further clarification they indicated that it was an "avian emergency".  So he said they went to the sister's apartment and the sisters were laughing super hard at something.  So he and his companion walked up and they see a bird sitting on the sister's door and the sisters were too scared to even shoo it away.  So they had called Jared and his companion to rescue them.  So Jared walked up and found that the bird was asleep.  So he picked it up and started walking towards the sisters and they went ballistic - yelling at him and telling him to keep his distance.  So he let the bird go and they all went on with the rest of their nights.  He thought that was pretty funny experience.

It's always great to hear from him and we wish we'd been there to enjoy the hike and the AWESOME weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment