Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy December

Hello Hello Hello! Yes I will reach my quarter mark on Thursday:) Take 4 Oreos. Eat One. There's still three more but for some strange reason you just cant stop yourself from eating the other 3 as fast as you can:) I'm sure that's how it's going to go with my mission too haha.

Christmas Phone call. Well I have church for an hour in the morning and dinner later that evening, but nothing in between those two things. I'll make the phone call to you guys after I get out of church since you all will be home and I will have no other obligations to attend to. So That call will happen anywhere from 3 o'clock to 5 o'clock your time. Hopefully you wont be doing anything too huge around then.

It sounds like it has been a typical start to the winter season. People getting sick, running around doing errands and of course going to the Victorian Stroll. I actually think that's one of the things that I miss the most about being home for the holidays. Reflecting on what they said during The First Presidency's Christmas Devotional (Yes I got to watch it) I'm glad that our family had so many wonderful traditions that focused on the family. Getting a tree, getting into random snowball fights, decorating the tree (well mostly Mom decorating and the rest of us small kine grumbling haha) and listening to the Carpenter's Christmas Portrait, making toffee, going to the Victorian Stroll (even if I was the only reason we went haha), caroling and making hot fudge sauce, cinnamon rolls on Christmas, reading the Christmas story from the New Testament, watching A Christmas Story and Mr. Kruegger's Christmas, getting ready for "Santa" haha, the advent calendar on the wall by the door, making fires, spending time together. I miss it very much, needless to say more so during the holiday seasons haha. But I'm sure they'll be just as sweet if not more so when I come back... in a year and a half haha.


The work here is going well. Training has it's ups and downs and it makes me learn a lot more about myself and what I can learn and work on. So it's going very well. We've got two baptisms coming in the next two weeks so that's exciting:)

Anyways I miss you all tons and I wish you all the best the season:) Take it Easy! Be Good, Work Hard, and Have Fun, cause I sure am:)

Love Always, Elder Brooksby

P.S. This week I was called by all of the following names in order of most often to least often: Brook, Brooks, Bruk, Broosley, Broosky, Brooksly, Brooksky, Pulukspi (Yes it was spelled that way...), Brock, and Brooksby (a few times haha). Just thought you'd get a kick out of that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment